Shield’s experience in Structural Engineering spans 20 years, providing our team with experience in creating structures of all types, shapes, and sizes. Our team has collaborated with clients to design commercial, industrial, and residential buildings; develop reliable bridges and supporting bridge elements; and implement drain and stormwater structures across the Southeast.
Shield works alongside each client on every project from the ground up, providing engineering know-how that creates resilient foundations, pre-cast building components, retaining walls, concrete frames and more. Over the course of a structure’s life, it’s tested by the elements and worn by its use. Working with Shield provides security that every structure is able to stand the test of time. Shield also specializes in performing forensic evaluations of existing structures to assess its safety and outline potential repairs.
Shield provides typical Foundation Design services such as:
- Forensic Structural Analysis
- Design of Bridges and Bridge Elements
- Railway Design
- Manufacturing Systems and Process
- Site Engineering Planning and Design
- Architectural Systems
- Timber, Masonry, Cold-Formed Steel, Structural Steel, Tapered Web, & Concrete Structural Design
- 3D Modeling and Design
- Design and Application of Pre-Stressed Hollow-Core Floor Panels
- Composite Concrete Decking, Concrete, and LGMF Curtain and Load-Bearing Wall Systems
- Analysis of Building Systems for Multi-Story and Single-Story Buildings, both static and dynamic load conditions