Engineering Design Services Department Manager
Shield Engineering, Inc. (Shield) is seeking a NC PE with 7 to 10 years of engineering experience in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, Environmental Services, Industrial Facility Support in our Charlotte, NC office. The ideal candidate will perform project procurement, execution and project management duties associated with water distribution, wastewater collection, wastewater treatment, stormwater management and analysis, and a variety of other environmental and civil engineering disciplines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the daily operations of the engineering department with responsibility for project delivery and finances with strong interaction with clients in multiple disciplines, from environmental to civil areas.
- Independently manage engineering projects associated with a variety of specialty areas, i.e. stormwater, wastewater treatment, environmental sampling.
- Independently develop proposals, scope of work, and report documents for review by senior engineering staff.
- Independently perform field work at a very high level of accuracy, consistency and repeatability.
- Work closely with a team of senior level engineers and scientist to evaluate project needs and results to provide clients with the highest possible level of service, support and solutions to meet environmental regulatory requirements.
- Support other staff in project level duties.
- Prepare project reports.
- 7 – 10 years of experience
- BS in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field
- North Carolina Professional Engineer licensure required
- Knowledge of and experience with domestic and industrial wastewater treatment
- Knowledge of stormwater management and regulations
- Knowledge of water treatment preferred
- Knowledge of groundwater remediation and hazardous waste regulations a plus
- Experience using Microsoft programs suite, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Experience and knowledge of Auto CAD preferred, familiarity with Micro Station a plus
- Knowledge and experience with NPDES permitting and CWA regulations
Benefits available for full-time employees. Shield offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including company cell phone or cell phone allowance, company-paid medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, matching 401(k) plan, and paid vacation, sick, personal time and holidays.
Compensation based on experience and certifications. Valid state driver's license and clean driving record.
Shield is a drug-free work environment
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or simply apply online below.